CAPE TOWN TOWNSHIP PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR
Cape Town township guided tour by a local neighborhood visit direct. This township day tour uncovered in Cape Town and Surrounds with a rich and ever-evolving history of South Africa. You’ll get to interact with the local community, visit Mzoli’s place (Shisa Nyama), a local braai hotspot, catch a local taxi (iphela) around Gugulethu and Nyanga, visit a Sangoma, the traditional healer of the township in the township and see the Gugulethu 7 memorial stones.
Guided township tour is a typical walking tour, you’ll see four different housing and socio-economic areas, including worker hostels and informal settlements. You get the chance to greet residents along the way in their language, called isiXhosa in the Western Cape. A local certified tour guide will guide you on this cultural tour. Cape Town Township Private Guided Tour by a local neighborhood visit direct. Our Cape Town township visit beat a rundown of private outings or voyages through Cape Town. This township day tours uncovered in Cape Town and Surrounds. Cape Town’s townships have a rich and ever-evolving history of South Africa.
- District Six Museum (Closed on Sundays)
- Langa the first and oldest formal and informal settlement Township
- Visit the Township Community Project Centre
- Visit a SHEBEEN, an informal tavern
- Visit Community Township School
- Free Time to interact in the Community Centre
- Drive through Bonteheuwel, the Coloured Township
- Gugulethu (Our Pride), second oldest Township
DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION
At hotel or guesthouse in Cape Town (Google Map)
07:30 Pick up at the hotel or guesthouse
- Luxury vehicle with passenger liability cover
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Blue badge professional guide
- Bottled water & free Wi-Fi onboard
- Food and drinks be to own account
- Any private expenses
- Gratuities/tips (Optional) be to own account
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- Tour duration approximately 8 hours
- English tour guide, entrance fees applicable to the itinerary
- Private tours (French, Spanish or German and any other foreign language guides are available on request)
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to the minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
The Cape Town private township day tour starts off with a drive through the former suburb of District Six, renamed Zonnebloem in the 1980s. This sparkling quarter of Cape Town is South Africa’s flagship example of how communities, religious congregations, and whole families were torn apart by the cruel system of Apartheid. A visit to the nearby District Six Museum will provide further insights into this diverse community and show how the spirit lives on in the memories of those families that called it home. Your private Cape Town township day tour will give you an opportunity to explore the Langa, Gugulethu, and Khayelitsha townships with a local guide, interacting with local residents, visiting a market, ‘umqombothi’ beer at a local tavern, and learn about township development projects.
Bo-Kaap / Cape Town City Centre
We also try to incorporate cultural entertainment, including traditional music and gumboots dance – which is an after-school program called Happy Feet Youth Project for local children in Langa Township. We’re more than happy to tailor township tours to your needs. If you are interested in history, art, music, education, social issues, or health care, we’re happy to customize your tour to suit. What does will call Township in South Africa? This is an informal settlement caused by segregation where black South Africans flew for their lives for a better life away from white domination in South Africa. With our Cape Town Township Tour, you experience the ways of life and how our people residing in this informal settlement and how they survive the harsh reality of standard of living of life often confronts black South Africans. District Six Museum (Closed on Sundays and Public holiday): District Six (Afrikaans Distrik Ses) is the name of a former inner-city residential area in Cape Town, South Africa.
Langa Township Tour
Langa is the oldest township in South Africa, it was a designated settlement for black Africans in 1923. Langa literarily means “Sun”. Langa was actually named after Langalibelele, rebel chief of the amaHlubi, who was sent to Robben Island by the British authorities in 1873. His name means ‘the sun is boiling hot’. In terms of the 1923 Urban Areas Act.
Walking Tour of Gugulethu Township
Gugulethu Township tour will allow you to walk through the shanties of Gugulethu to explore the everyday life of South African culture when visiting Cape Town. Gugulethu was established in 1958, located on the Cape flat, situated 18km South-East of Cape Town. Gugulethu means “Our Pride”. An area is popularly known for braai where members of the community and visitors come together to understand the culture behind braai in South Africa. This is a fully guided and escorted tour through Gugulethu the oldest township in Cape Town.